Mr. Sandman's Sandbox

The musings of a Deaf Californian on life, politics, religion, sex, and other unmentionables. This blog is not guaranteed to lead to bon mots appropriate for dinner-table conversation; make of it what you will.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Friday, March 18, 2005

#@$%* Rain!!

Well, I'm betting before the weekend's out, that L.A.'s record for the rainiest season ever will have been broken. I know I sound like a broken record, but I... am... sick... of... rain. This is semi-arid area down here, so it isn't even going to be of the greatest benefit to us. It would be a lot better if it rained like crazy far to the north, where the mountains and rivers are, so that the basins and lakes and dams are replenished, and the runoff this spring is spectacular. As I've previously said, we're getting Seattle's water, so it's going to be a dry year in some ways anyway.

On the other hand, it's supposed to be spectacular out in the desert areas. I was hoping to go out there sometime this coming week, as UCLA is having its spring break (along with tons of other campuses across the nation), but it's supposed to rain on and off. Not exactly conducive to getting out of the car and wandering around, enjoying the wildflowers. We'll see what happens. I still hope to get out there, even if it's not to Death Valley, then maybe to Joshua Tree or even the Mojave.

For now, I'm just sitting here glowering at the window. Rain. Rain. Go. Away. Come again. Another. Day...