Mr. Sandman's Sandbox

The musings of a Deaf Californian on life, politics, religion, sex, and other unmentionables. This blog is not guaranteed to lead to bon mots appropriate for dinner-table conversation; make of it what you will.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, May 09, 2005

Learning to Juggle

It's been crazy lately. I know I haven't really kept up with the blog a lot these days, but I'm trying to get other things done, and making computer use a lesser priority. That includes the blog, unfortunately. I say "unfortunately" because it's supposed to be my daily writing regimen, as well as a way for me to share what's going on in my life, and last but not least, a way for me to vent about current and past affairs (but not necessarily private ones *grin*).

The main event happening right now in our lives is finals. My wife has final exams, as well as three papers due. For the last week or two, she's been glued to her books or her computer, while I've shouldered everything else. I don't really mind, since she supported me our first three years while I was in grad school, and now it's my turn to support her the best I can through three years of law school. Fair tradeoff, I think. Usually it's not a problem, but right now is Hell Week, and that means I'm cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping, and everything, in addition to my usual stuff.

Additionally, my mother-in-law is flying in tomorrow for a ten-day visit, so that means the house has to be as Clean As Possible so it'll pass muster. Not to mention the laundry done so that we have clean, fresh linens and towels. I'm going to juggle over the next few days- taking care of the house, wife, and mother-in-law. Wish me luck...