Mr. Sandman's Sandbox

The musings of a Deaf Californian on life, politics, religion, sex, and other unmentionables. This blog is not guaranteed to lead to bon mots appropriate for dinner-table conversation; make of it what you will.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nuptial Hiatus

My brother-in-law, for whatever reasons, chose to have a wedding in Florida in July, and on the beach, too. As good siblings, my wife and I are headed off for the Sunshine State, hoping that it won't rain on my brother-in-law's parade, and that no tropical storms/hurricanes develop. Right now, Tropical Storm Beryl is off the coast of the Carolinas-- it's predicted to remain a tropical storm, which I hope is the case. Obviously my absence means I won't be posting, nor will I be participating in other blogs elsewhere while gone.

In addition, I'm sick. Been sleeping off and on all day, and hoping against hope I won't be totally wasted when I board the plane. Really wish this had happened AFTER I got back.

Finally, there's been a power outage at the Los Angeles Air Route Traffic Control Center, which is screwing with flights in and out of LAX, and has the potential to disrupt air traffic elsewhere. What fun.

So between tropical storms/hurricanes, my body rebelling, and the power outage, it looks like a perfect storm. Wish me luck.