Mr. Sandman's Sandbox

The musings of a Deaf Californian on life, politics, religion, sex, and other unmentionables. This blog is not guaranteed to lead to bon mots appropriate for dinner-table conversation; make of it what you will.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

When You Need a Doctor...

For heaven's sake. I posted last week that I thought FEMA was doing a crappy job, and that they should change the response to natural disasters. I even made some suggestions.

Looks like no one in the gummint is reading my blog, because I found this article today-- totally disgusting. Apparently FEMA ordered a doctor to stop treating a patient. Why? He wasn't registered with FEMA.

I'm all for gummint, gummint regulations, and the like, but this is ridiculous. This is where maybe we need to streamline bureacracy, and stem mindlessness a bit. I'm sure if one of those FEMA stooges who ordered the doctor to stop suddenly needed a doctor themselves, they sure wouldn't give a hoot about FEMA rules; they'd just want a doctor, stat!