Mr. Sandman's Sandbox

The musings of a Deaf Californian on life, politics, religion, sex, and other unmentionables. This blog is not guaranteed to lead to bon mots appropriate for dinner-table conversation; make of it what you will.

Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mom, Ma, Mama, Mami, Maman, Mor, Mother

Mother's Day, as most of you know, was Sunday. While I wasn't anywhere near either of my parents, I thought of them and went the dutiful son routine: a phone call and flowers as part of my gift. But it wasn't until today when I checked one of my must-read blogs that I found this great entry about mothers. Do go ahead and read it-- it's a good reminder of what a mother is, what being a mother is, and what motherhood is all about.

For those of you who desperately need your Gallaudet drama fix, I'll have something up fairly soon. Patience-- it's not like the whole drama is going to go away. Far from it.